Thursday, February 23, 2012

Best Fruity Breakfast Bar Ever

Guys, I give to you the best Fruity Breakfast Bar ever invented. Not by me, I can't take credit for that. I am not sure who was the lovely chef who created this recipe, but it works really well and it is delicious and healthy.




The recipe was given away at a nutrition course given at the company I work for, so if any of you BaxterStorey chefs want to take credit for you, by all means do it! I live on it, breakfast and snack!


270g Apple Juice


115g Chopped apricots


115g Raisins


250 ml Maple Syrup


25g Sunflower seeds


25g Pumpkin seeds


75g Oats


50g Desiccated coconut


25g Sesame seeds (optional )


25 g Cinnamon ( optional)


25g Cranberries ( optional)



  • Preheat the oven to 200C or gas mark 6, line a tin with parchment paper.

  • Mix apple juice, apricots, raisins and all seeds in a large bowl thoroughly .

  • Add oats & coconut to the mixture and stir till evenly combined.


  • Leave it to rest for about 30min so the oats can soak up the juice and like that you bar won't crumble.


  • Put in to the preheated tin and bake it fro about 25 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. ( I don't follow this step, I use a silicone liner and it works fine.)


  • Leave to cool and cut into bars

I promise guys, It is so healthy and full of goodness, that once you get use to have this as breakfast you will never want anything else.






No comments:

Post a Comment